We are a group of 300 mothers, sisters, daughters and friends who believe in doing good in our community.Join Us >
OPUS is an organization dedicated to supporting Person-to-Person in their mission to provide more than 24,000 people in our community with food, clothing, emergency assistance and scholarship programs. We do so through fundraising, volunteering and generating awareness of these programs and initiatives.
We were founded on Valentine’s Day in 1996, when a group of women envisioned how they could pool their time, talent and commitment in helping families in need. As Katherine Michele, co-founder and first president of OPUS, explains:
“Our hope was to bring an entirely new audience, full of energy, creativity, professionalism, and a new perspective to Person-to-Person.”
Since then, hundreds have joined us, logging countless hours volunteering and fundraising to help Person-to-Person in its mission. In the process, we have created lasting friendships and proven that women united in a shared goal is a pretty powerful thing.
How We Helped in 2016
- $481,585 in emergency funds provided to 1,172 families
- 748,944 meals from free groceries provided
- 139 newborn layettes delivered to new mothers and their babies
- 1,935 toys and books gifted to children for the holidays
- 520 summer camp scholarships awarded
- $300,682 in college scholarships awarded to 126 students
- 53,897 bags of free clothes and goods distributed
FROM OUR PRESIDENTS
The 2017-2018 OPUS Co-Presidents