We are a group of 300 mothers, sisters, daughters and friends who believe in doing good in our community.Join Us >
OPUS is an organization dedicated to supporting Person-to-Person in their mission to provide more than 24,000 people in our community with food, clothing, emergency assistance and scholarship programs. We do so through fundraising, volunteering and generating awareness of these programs and initiatives.
We were founded on Valentine’s Day in 1996, when a group of women envisioned how they could pool their time, talent and commitment in helping families in need. As Katherine Michele, co-founder and first president of OPUS, explains:
“Our hope was to bring an entirely new audience, full of energy, creativity, professionalism, and a new perspective to Person-to-Person.”
Since then, hundreds have joined us, logging countless hours volunteering and fundraising to help Person-to-Person in its mission. In the process, we have created lasting friendships and proven that women united in a shared goal is a pretty powerful thing.
How We Helped in 2017
- $411,372 in emergency funds provided to 1,090 families
- 692,307 meals were provided to local families
- 112 newborn layettes delivered to new mothers and their babies
- 1,922 children received new toys and books for the holidays
- 506 children were sent to summer camps
- $295,730 in college scholarships awarded to 119 students
- 54,969 bags of free clothes and goods distributed
FROM OUR PRESIDENTS
Thank you for your interest in OPUS! We invite you to explore our website to learn more about how you can become a member, volunteer, join us at our upcoming fundraisers and events, or become one of our sponsors.
Our main goals this year are to:
- 1. STRENGTHEN our membership by recruiting new members and making membership more accessible.
- 2. EXPAND our relationships with corporate sponsors by developing new and creative incentives.
- 3. SUPPORT member and alumnae participation in Person-to-Person outreach opportunities.
We hope you will join us in helping Person-to-Person serve our community. We look forward to hearing from you!
Kristen, Shannon & Melanie
The 2018-2019 OPUS Co-Presidents